Thursday, January 1, 2015

New year, new recipes, new blog!

2015 might not have any huge significance yet, but it has been weighing on my mind to make some dietary changes.  Not necessarily with how I eat, but more so with what I eat.  I am what one might call an Intolerant Eater.  I feel guilty attending family functions because separate dishes always have to be made for me.  Just imagine how hard it is to not be able to eat dairy while living in the Dairy State?  I sometimes give in to the closest proximity of what I SHOULD eat with what is actually available and, in turn, pay for it later.  My plan is to do more cooking and baking to not only help myself, but others like me.

With the holidays so recently passed I have decided that there should be more resources for people like me.  I've picked up books on gluten free foods and vegan eating to try to find recipes for things I like, but many are either so complicated (do you know how many types of flour there are?!) or so foreign to me that the books do me no justice when I'm looking for easy alternatives to recipes I might already have in mind.  My idea with this blog is to put together a collection of easy recipes and tips specifically for baking...the part of cooking where my heart truly lies!  I would like to address dairy free, gluten free, allergen free and sugar free options as well as any other requests along the way.  I frequently turn to vegan baking since dairy is such a big issue for me, so you will see vegan options as well.  I look forward to trying and reviewing different products as well as coming up with creative yet simple problem solving solutions for baking.

The first recipes you will be seeing are a retrospect of things I made over this past holiday season....gingerbread, coconut macaroons, pumpkin pie (including crust recipe), and peppermint crispy balls.

Look for tags throughout this blog designating dietary issues addressed (gluten free, dairy free, etc.)  as well as type of baking you see (holidays, cookies, bread, etc.)

Delightfully yours,
 Annie

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your new blog. I look forward to seeing those uncomplicated recipies!

    ReplyDelete